Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Years Resolution # 1 Learning to Knit

One of my New Years resolutions this year is to teach myself how to knit.  So far, just since two days ago I have taught myself how to knit the very basic stitches.  Knit, pearl, and reverse.  So far I am loving it!!  I especially love how relaxing it is.  Knitting for me has been such a Godsend for my stress level these past couple of days.  A few things that I first found hard was casting on, and the first knot.  I know, the two most simple parts of knitting   Ha! But in my defense I bought a book on how to knit knowing full well that I am a visual learner and need someone to show me how to do the techniques instead of reading how to do them myself.    I ended up finding some great tutorials on YouTube that helped me through these issues.  I am so excited I cant wait to learn more, I have so many knitting projects that I cant wait to get started on once I learn how to do them.  Right now I'm working on a basic scarf.  But I do hope to learn a few of these projects.

  1. 1. Baby Chicks 
  2. Coffee Cup Cup Cozie I could not find the actual link to this project so if anyone knows where it came from please let me know so I can give them credit for it..  Thanks!!
  3. Valentine Hearts
  4. Leg Warmers
  5. Yoda
  6. Christmas Star Ornaments 
  7. Owl Sweater 
  8. Head Warmer
  9. iPad Cozie 
A really great website I have found that has a ton of free knitting patterns is Ravelry.  This site allows you to make an account with them so that you can go through the patterns and mark your favorites.  Also once you finish your projects you can post them for everyone to view.  I think its addicting, its kinda like Pinterest for knitters.  Its my new happy place.  :)

So any of you knitters??  Any tips you may have for this beginner, I could sure use a few or a lot!!




No comments:

Post a Comment