Thursday, June 28, 2012

Texas Heat = Reading Indoors...

This week I have been pretty busy helping out each night with VBS, and working on trying to pass my algebra class.  Yes I'm one of those people who for the life of me can't get algebra to stick.  I just don't understand why in the world I need to factor a letter with a number, makes no sense at all. .... Anyhoo moving on.
As I was saying I have had a lot on my mind this week and it has been so nice to just step away and take a little break.  One of my favorite ways to do this is to read.  I read everything, I LOVE reading and have ever since I was a little kid.  My kids on the other hand would rather not.  They just want to go out and play, or stay in and play.  I don't blame them I totally understand this is summer, and they need to get their play on.  But its been a bit hot here lately 107 degrees to be exact, and in my opinion it is way too hot for them to be outside any longer than it takes to walk up to the church.
So last night while waiting for VBS to officially start I made my way to the only room in the church that felt cool, the library.  I have decided that if my children did not want to sit down and read to themselves than I was going to read to them.  And because I would like them to also learn something I figured the church library was the perfect place to check out a few books.  I love how our library has all these vintage children s books that come with a very good moral at the end.  One of the books I checked out is called "Bird Life in Wington" by J. Calvin Reid which was originally released in 1948. Its about a town full of different birds living christian, and not so christian lives in the town of Wington.  There are 30 stories each with a different moral, and each story is biblicaly based.  I read the first six stories to my oldest son today and he really enjoyed them.  I defiantly think this one may be a keeper if I can find it on Amazon :)  

YAY!! Amazon did have it

Right now I'm in the process of trying to find a good family devotional to read each night before bed, but I have no idea what I should choose.  I would love if someone could give me a few ideas.  
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment