Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Vegan Banana Strawberry Ice Cream




I found this recipe for banana ice cream off Pinterest,  all you have to do is freeze the bananas in the freezer for a few hours, then put them in the blender and add a pinch of vanilla, and a little cinnamon if you like.  I also added just a bit of almond milk to help my very old blender chop the bananas better.  It thickens up like soft serve ice cream and it taste really really good.  I added frozen strawberries to mine to give it even more flavor. It's a healthier alternative to regular dairy ice scream, and  you could add anything you like, the possibilities are endless.  One that I would like to try is an almond joy flavor, by adding dark vegan chocolate, and shredded coconut, topped off with a little bit of crushed up almonds.  Yumm!!  Sounds good to me.  What are some favors you would like to try???
source

Ps. I have only been doing the 100 day vegan challenge now for a few days, but I am feeling crazy energized.  It's strange because the first time I tried this, my body went into detox mode and I felt awful..  So far I feel just fine and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.  I hope this is a good thing, I really do.
This taste really good, but my favorite part about it is the price. a whole bundle of bananas cost only a dollar and the rest of the ingredients I always have on hand.  So much cheaper than Blue Bell or Ben and Jerry's.

No comments:

Post a Comment