Friday, April 20, 2012

Homemade Coconut Milk Whip Cream


Well I had every intention of not writing today, but while on Pinterest the other day I noticed a lot of pins of canned coconut milk turned into whip cream.  I was a bit skeptical but because I love whipped cream and so does Mr. Fireman, and because I have a sensitivity towards dairy I decided to give it a whirl.  

I bought only one can of coconut milk (I didn't know how I would like it, so I didn't want to waste any money buying two) I first put it in the freezer while I made dinner, then after about 30 min I put it into the fridge for about an hour. 

When I opened the can I was careful not to shake the can or tip it as advised by people on Pinterest, there is supposed to be a little bit of coconut water that separates from the cream, however mine was pure cream so I just used it all.

 I put the whole can in a mixing bowl added some vanilla, and powder sugar and mixed it up.  I didn't measure I just added what tasted good to me.  You could also replace the powder sugar with Splenda, or stevia for a healthier mixture. 

Let me just say for someone who is not a huge fan of coconut I was worried about this, but honestly this is my new favorite way to make whip cream.  It's so yummy :). Add some strawberries and chocolate shavings and it turns into a very decadent dessert. 
*Warning*  bad photo

Healthy?  I don't know but it sure is tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment