Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cheapest facial ever!!!



Ask anyone who is adamant about taking care to treat their skin with good facial products and they will tell you how expensive it can be.  When I was working for a day spa in FT. Worth a while back we did extensive research on different products that we would potentially use on our guest's.  Let me just say those products were extremely expensive, and chalk full of ingredients I did not want used on my skin. 

One of my favorite expensive skin care brands is called Dermalogica.  I love that stuff so much, everything they use in their products is all natural, but unfortunately I don't like the hefty price tag that comes along with it.  One of my favorite products that they have is their Daily Microfoliant, and at $50 for 2.5oz, it's too expensive for me. 


What I have learned to do is take simple ingredients found in my pantry, and use them for my skin care products.  I love doing research on different ways to clean my face or moisturizer it with clean, natural, and simple ingredients.

So here is a simple list of ingredients I use on my face to save me money. 

*Also I encourage you to do your own research and find some homemade facials that best suit you.*

Cleanser- 1 table spoon of dry milk, 1 table spoon of water, and 1 table spoon of honey, 
the milk hydrates, soothes, and moisturizers, while the honey is a natural astringent that contains natural antibacterial properties.

 You could use a couple drops of tea tree oil if you would like, which is great for people with acne. 

If you would rather make this without using dairy, coconut milk is also a great choice.  I personally like to use dry milk because one box keeps for a long time. 

Face scrub- this is a simple one, just baking soda and plain ole water.  All youre doing here is getting old dead skin off so new skin can show through, and give a healthy glow.    Easy peasy.

Toner- there are so many different homemade toners to try, my favorite so far is just brewing chamomile mint tea, letting it cool and then filling a spritzer that you get at any store with the tea and spitzing the tea all over the face and décolleté.

 This is wonderful to make in the summer, just keep the bottle in the fridge and use for a few days, very refreshing!!
I know this picture don't really go, I just loved how happy it made me feel :)

Night time moisturizer-  Coconut oil mixed with three pierced vitamin E capsules is all you need for a great night time moisturizer.
This is my favorite because I like to get creative using homemade moisturizers.  Unfortunately all of my suggestions are quite heavy and should probably not be used if you plan on going anywhere, unless you like the oily look.

Face mask- I love my homemade chocolate face mask, but I also like to mash up a banana, or avocado and apply to the face and back of hands.  Both of these fruits have really good moisturizing benefits.

Most of these ingredients you will find already in your pantry making this a very thrifty way to take good care of your skin, and it's all natural so you don't have to worry at all about what other chemicals are going into your skin.

So these are just a few of my favorite ingredients, I have a few more but that will be another post another day :)  Do you enjoy making your own skincare products or do you have a favorite brand that you cant tug yourself away from???

No comments:

Post a Comment