Monday, March 12, 2012

Yummy Chocolate and Honey Face Mask



 What girl doesn’t LOVE chocolate? I am a chocoholic shopaholic.  And since eating too much chocolate has never been good for me I needed to think of a better way to keep the sweet stuff in my life. 

I came up with this yummy chocolate honey mask that I absolutely LOVE.  It’s my go to mask because I always have the ingredients on hand, and did I mention that I LOVE chocolateJ 

Also chocolate has a very high antioxidant content which helps prevent any further cell damage brought on by too much unprotected sun exposure and other harmful toxins.  Chocolate can also improve the skins appearance by increasing blood flow, increasing hydration, and decreasing skin roughness.  The honey is a natural preservative and skin firmer, Vitamin E is typically placed in skin care products to help keep the skin from the appearance of aging.

That all by its little self is enough for me to be THRILLED, not to mention how yummy it smells, and how silky my face feels afterwards.   

Now if you Google chocolate mask you will probably find other chocolate masks that may be a better fit for you, I defiantly suggest you experiment and figure out which ingredients you love best.  Here is my list of ingredients:

2 tablespoons of dark chocolate
7 pierced vitamin E capsules
1 tablespoon of powdered milk
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of water


You could use cocoa powder if you want to instead of the dark chocolate, but the antioxidants are higher in the dark chocolate.  I just buy a large dark chocolate bar and keep it in the freezer until I need to use it.  Typically one bar will last a month and I only pay $2 a bar.  All other ingredients usually last about two months. Which makes this not only a very natural face mask, but a thrifty one too.

Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and do 10 second intervals mixing the chocolate until the chocolate is nice thick and creamy. 
The consistency should be thick and creamy at this point


Next add the tablespoon of water to the powdered milk and mix well, then add the milk to the chocolate and mix that up real well.  It will be significantly thinner. 
Next pierce the vitamin E capsules if you have not already done so, and squeeze the oil into the chocolate mix.
Add the honey and mix well.

Add the mask to a clean dry face and leave on for 15-20 min. 
*The thinner you apply the mask the easier it will be to take off
Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.

Sit back, put your feet up, and enjoy the wonderful aroma of chocolate without all those extra calories.
p.s. Do not forget to add some to the back of your hands also, the hands show age quicker than the face does.
Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment