Friday, February 24, 2012

Our Story

My husband (Mr. Fireman) and I met 8 1/2  years ago on a dating website.  I know a lot of people probably think that its crazy to meet someone in that way, (I even made my mother in law cry when I spilled the beans by accident one day, it was awful) but we met, fell in love, got pregnant, and got married in that order.  Shortly after my husband and I were married we bought our first home in Arlington Texas.  At that time I was working for a local day spa that was not yet currently opened to the public.  the position payed well enough but we were spending like crazy on things we really could not afford.  It wasn't long before I lost my job and we were only living off my husbands pay check.  After that we lost our home to the bank and moved into a rental house. I wish  we could blame our misfortune on the economy like so many people can, but the truth is we were just careless with our money.  A year later we had another baby and moved closer to Mr. Fireman's job in a little town called Hutchins.  Our plan is to fix our credit, save some money, and purchase a new and hopefully our last home. That is our plan but God may have other plans in store for us, and although I know this I have a hard time giving my whole self and my plans over to him.  I know this is something I need to work on.  I guess you could say that we have most defiantly learned our lesson in spending money we don't have, and we are now embracing a more frugal way of life.  Did I mention that I have a real shopping problem??  Something I really need to work on, but I have learned to shop for things at yard sales, thrift stores, and eBay instead of at high end stores, and I have learned to not pay full price for anything.  I have decided to use this blog as a creative way to record our journey, because even though it feels like we are going through rough waters at the moment, it wont be long before all this passes and we will look back and say to each other "Wow that wasn't so bad after all."


No comments:

Post a Comment